Each month we invite Anel Van Der Merwe from the Kind (but Good) Food blog to create a plant-based recipe for us using CBD. On the menu this time? A CBD Iced Mocha Milkshake. Enjoy!"We all know by now that we shouldn’t reeaallyyy be having more than 1/2 cups of coffee a day, especially if we want true, restful, good sleep.
But... sometimes life just throws too many things at you in the day and you just need that second cup in the afternoon, right?
Because I’ve been feeling this way a LOT over the past couple of weeks, I decided to make my second cup more interesting, more healthy, and less jitter-inducing by combining it with:
- CBD oil (to keep me calm and not wired)
- oats (to keep my blood sugar levels even because of its excellent fibre content)
- a dash of cacao (for some much needed antioxidants) aaand
- a good ol’ banana (which actually has some awesome better-sleep benefits, wouldn’t ya know it!).
This combo makes not only for a delicious (ahem, and vegan) creamy icy milkshake, but takes the edge off that caffeine hit while still providing you with that boost you need for your afternoon slump.
Enjoy with a sprinkle of granola on top if that’s your vibe!"
- Anel, Kind (But Good) Food
CBD Iced Mocha Milkshake
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup freshly brewed strong coffee
- 1 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 date
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ daily dose of CBD (10 drops of 600mg Goodleaf CBD oil)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 frozen banana
- 10 ice cubes
Soak the below oats and coffee for at least 20 minutes, but ideally overnight.
In your blender add the remainder of the ingredients - except for the banana and ice cubes.
To the ingredients in your blender, add the soaked oats and coffee. Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
Now add the banana and ice cubes, and blend again until smooth.
Liked this post? Then you may be interested in these too
This recipe forms part of our Eat Your Greens series, focused on cooking with CBD in partnership with Kind (But Good) Food.
You can read the rest of the recipes in this series here.