It's only in the third month of 2021 - but you aren't alone if you already feel like you're burning out...
What is burn out?
Burnout is a state of feeling overwhelmed and drained due to emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion, often caused by excessive or prolonged periods of stress.
It manifests as a sense of being unable to keep up with the demands of your life - be that in terms of your career, your finances, your family or your relationships.
And with all the fear, uncertainty and pressure of this past year, it's no surprise some of us are finding ourselves burning out a lot sooner than normal.
But... luckily the anti-anxiety, sleep promoting and mood elevating benefits of CBD can help.
How do I know if I have burn out?
Burn out can look different for everyone, but 5 of the most prevalent symptoms of this condition that you should be on the look out for include:
- Emotional Exhaustion: You feel constantly drained and worn out.
- Energy Deficit: You don't have the energy to perform and produce as usual.
- Sense of Defeat: You feel like nothing you do matters.
- Impaired Cognition: Your creativity and capacity to problem solve is diminished.
- Apathy: Your capacity to care about things has dwindled.
How can CBD help?
CBD is a great remedy for burn out because of its anti-anxiety and mood stabilising benefits, as well as its ability to help promote deeper and easier sleep.
CBD is understood to have this effect by way of the overall purpose of the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is to restore "homeostasis" (biological balance) to the body's various systems and processes
This enables it to help a person sleep better by regulating their body's sleep/wake cycle (otherwise known as circadian rhythm), thereby warding off the exhaustion that can lead to burn out and giving the body and mind the proper rest it relies on each day.
CBD also helps to elevate and stablise mood by stimulating a kind of serotonin (the chemical linked to happiness and wellbeing) receptor in the brain, contributing to its effects that researchers have equated to those of antidepressant and anxiolytic medication.
What products do you recommend for burn out?
- A daily dose of our Broad Spectrum CBD Drops are a great long term solution for managing any stress and anxiety you may regularly experience, and preventing yourself from burning out further down the line
- Our CBD Sachets are another option for getting in that daily dose, giving you the opportunity to create a relaxing wellness ritual by mixing easily into whatever hot beverage or smoothie you drink to start your day
- Our Relief Roller is also a great product for easing the symptoms of stress and anxiety, utilising CBD to relieve tension, headaches and migraines while serving up a sense of calm with its instantly soothing scent.